Know what you need.
Important home-buying documents
- Two most recent pay stubs
- Two most recent W-2s or federal tax returns (if self-employed or receive a commission)
- Additional income sources, e.g., social security, pension or retirement award letters (if applicable)
- Two months of bank statements for checking and savings accounts
- Retirement account statement dated within the last 90 days
- A copy of the sales contract if selling property.
- Gift letter(s) with supporting documents, including a deposit receipt (if applicable)
After we have all of your assets and down payment information, we need to get information on your new home.
- A copy of the accepted and signed purchase agreement
- Termite, well and septic inspections, typically ordered by your real estate agent
- Insurance quote for your new home
- Divorce decree
- Bankruptcy paperwork
- Child support/alimony and proof of children’s ages
If you think we’ll need the document, then you’re probably right. Being able to provide all documentation up front will ensure a quick, efficient and smooth closing.